The Guidance – CUPO (college & university placement) office is a welcoming and comfortable environment for students, staff, and families. We provide support to students on their high school and post-secondary journey.
This comes in the form of academic, educational, career, and socio-emotional counseling. Guidance-CUPO helps deliver Ontario’s career development policy, Creating Pathways to Success. Moreover, we support the student’s approach to education and career/life planning. We work closely with students, families, and staff to help students achieve their personal and academic goals.
Guidance-CUPO works with students in a variety of ways:
- Supports students in academic planning and course selection.
- Helps students seek out special pathways and programs in secondary school that support their learning styles, interests, and needs.
- Helps individual students to envision a plan for post-secondary and target some short and long term goals.
- Supports students in establishing effective study plans, habits, and exam preparation skills.
- College and University campus tours are arranged and provided for our students.
- Meetings with College-University admissions and student support service counselors can be arranged.
- Workshops are available for students to attend to learn how best to prepare for web-based college and university applications, and interviews.
- Assists students in completing college and university application forms, documents, etc.