COVID 19 Update: BRAA School Community – August 2021
Due to the new precautions an mandates put in place by the Ontario Provincial Government to safeguard public health.
All Burlington Royal Arts Academy students will transition to in-classroom learning starting on Tuesday, September 7. This may be revised by the provincial government, and we will communicate any changes accordingly. Thank you, and we wish our families, and our community very best wishes and a safe start to the 2021/2022 school year!
Important Information for 2021/2022 School Year:
We will continue to focus on the health and well-being of students, families, and staff, while aiming to return to normal conditions as soon as safely possible. That is why, based on advice from the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, province-wide in September:
- Students may return to in-person learning daily for the full school day.
- Students and staff will be required to wear masks while indoors and on student transportation, while not being required outdoors.
- Extra-curricular and inter-school sport activities will be permitted with some modifications.
- COVID-19 testing and online screening may be required in the future based on the Ministry’s health updates. An online screening tool is linked below.
- Additionally, a note on Student Mental Health and Well-Being:
- Promoting positive mental health and ensuring a supportive and inclusive environment for all students is all the more important as we return to in-person learning. We at BRAA aim to provide a safe and attentive environment for our students and staff and supports for mental health and well-being will continue to be prioritized in all of our planning.
- COVID-19 in Ontario (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/)
- COVID-19 school and childcare screening (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/)
- COVID-19 vaccines for youth (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccines-youth)
- COVID-19: Health, Safety and Operational Guidance for Schools (2021-22)(http://www.ontario.ca/document/covid-19-health-safety-and-operational-guidance-schools-2021-2022)
Letter from Director of School:
Throughout this difficult period, the Burlington Royal Arts Academy community has demonstrated that we are here through thick and thin, for our staff, our students, and families. Their safety and their excellence is not negotiable within our care and in this regard, we will, as we have proven, not only uphold the highest standards of education and support but also seek to improve these standards every moment of every day.
As we continue to follow Ministry guidelines, we are excited to return to an in-classroom environment but are prepared to adjust as needed. While within classrooms, our teachers and staff will maintain safety, security, and support at all times, while maintaining a first-class education within our spacious classes. Success for our students will continue, and key components will always be our individual care, student-specific guidance and in particular the low ratio of teachers to students in our classrooms.
We will continue to observe the change in government policies and adapt to these flexibly and ensure that this plan adjusts for continued and engaging academic strength and artistic excellence for the benefit of our students.
All of our faculty and school community play an important and indispensable role in supporting the success and well-being of our students. We are now, and have always been, positioned to offer an excellent education to our students. Ultimately when this difficult period has passed into history, we will be able to look back and see how our community bonded together so well for the bright future of our young citizens within our school.
Stay safe and well and we look forward to seeing you all once again in the 2021/2022 school year!
– May Zhang, Director of School. August 2021
Please find link to our COVID response screening tool when visiting us:
Please download results prior to your visit and forward to: